Mint Update not connecting...

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kf4krv

Mint Update not connecting...

Post by kf4krv »

I'm having a problem with Mint Update not connecting to the internet. When I first installed Mint Mint Update worked fine and I brought the system up to date with all the current files. The problem just started a couple of days ago and I can't put my finger on a specific event that may have caused it. The computer itself is connecting fine to the internet (I'm posting this message from it) but Mint Update is sitting there with a broken lock icon. I've looked at the preferences and elsewhere and can't seem to find anywhere to "turn it on". I'd appreciate a pointer or two to get me headed in the correct direction.

I still haven't been able to access my XP Pro box yet, but the internet is working great.

Thanks for your help!
Ed
KF4KRV
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Mint Update not connecting...

Post by Husse »

I think some Ubuntu repos have been down and this may cause it
If it remains try this
http://www.linuxmint.com/wiki/index.php ... e_programs
kf4krv

Re: Mint Update not connecting...

Post by kf4krv »

Husse wrote:I think some Ubuntu repos have been down and this may cause it
If it remains try this
http://www.linuxmint.com/wiki/index.php ... e_programs
Thanks for the response, Husse. I looked at the link that you provided but for me it was over my head....I've got some command line learning to do! But, I noticed that a new version of Mint Update became available yesterday so I ended up downloading and installing v3.1. It's working perfectly now!!! I've already brought my system up to date with it!

Now to get connected with that XP printer! :)

Ed
KF4KRV

Return to “Beginner Questions”