Upgrading LibreOffice with the Software Manager

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
skadish
Level 1
Level 1

Upgrading LibreOffice with the Software Manager

Post by skadish »

I would like to upgrade to LibreOffice 4.2.

How does one do that in Linux Mint? Do you need to uninstall the old version? Do you need to install each component individual component (I see them listed individually in the Software Manager)?

WharfRat
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Upgrading LibreOffice with the Software Manager

Post by WharfRat »

skadish wrote:I would like to upgrade to LibreOffice 4.2.

How does one do that in Linux Mint? Do you need to uninstall the old version? Do you need to install each component individual component (I see them listed individually in the Software Manager)?
You can find instructions here http://www.libre-software.net/how-to-in ... linux-mint
ImageImage

Tz2001
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Tz2001 »

I don't believe 4.2 is available in the software manager yet, however, it's easy to install via the instructions from the page WharfRat linked to. It will be available in the software manager eventually, it just depends whether you're willing to wait.

skadish
Level 1
Level 1

Post by skadish »

A belated thank you to you both! (Sorry about the delay...)

Return to “Newbie Questions”