SOLVED KDE desktop - minimized apps dont show in task panel

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
lisapisa2
Level 3
Level 3

SOLVED KDE desktop - minimized apps dont show in task panel

Post by lisapisa2 »

I am just starting with KED desktop and I am noticing that now when I minimize apps the dont appear in the bottom panel. They are there if I ALT TAB to them but when I click on minimize they dont show. What have I messed up?
Last edited by lisapisa2 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

CupOfCoffee
Level 2
Level 2

Re: KED desktop - minimized apps dont show in task panel

Post by CupOfCoffee »

Sorry if this hurts you in any way (I hope this doesn't), but it's KDE, not KED.

Hmm, maybe you accidentally deleted the task manager widget off your default panel. Try totally removing the panel and replacing it with the default one.

Hope this helps~ :)

-CupOfCoffee
New PC (using): Lenovo G505s - 6GB RAM, 1TB HHD, AMD A10-5750M Crossfire Graphics.

My Rusty and Trusty Old PC(not in use): Compaq Presario C500 (widescreen) - 2.5GB RAM, 1TB Solid State Hybrid, 1.86 GHz Intel Celeron M 440.

lisapisa2
Level 3
Level 3

Re: KED desktop - minimized apps dont show in task panel

Post by lisapisa2 »

Thanks,

It was a bug because KDE threw an error and then the panel disappeared. I recreated the defualt one and everything is fine.

CupOfCoffee
Level 2
Level 2

Re: SOLVED KDE desktop - minimized apps dont show in task pa

Post by CupOfCoffee »

Great! Glad KDE is working for you now :D
New PC (using): Lenovo G505s - 6GB RAM, 1TB HHD, AMD A10-5750M Crossfire Graphics.

My Rusty and Trusty Old PC(not in use): Compaq Presario C500 (widescreen) - 2.5GB RAM, 1TB Solid State Hybrid, 1.86 GHz Intel Celeron M 440.

Return to “Newbie Questions”