Turbo CPU and brightness

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
xpro
Level 1
Level 1

Turbo CPU and brightness

Post by xpro »

I just tried Linux Mint Mate with the live dvd and I like it, but there are some problems that I want to make sure I can solve before installing it.

1. I was unable to adjust my laptop screen's brightness.
2. My laptop has a red light which indicates the CPU is running in turbo mode and it was on the whole time. Is there any simple way to disable turbo mode?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WharfRat

Re: Turbo CPU and brightness

Post by WharfRat »

xpro wrote:I just tried Linux Mint Mate with the live dvd and I like it, but there are some problems that I want to make sure I can solve before installing it.

1. I was unable to adjust my laptop screen's brightness.
2. My laptop has a red light which indicates the CPU is running in turbo mode and it was on the whole time. Is there any simple way to disable turbo mode?
The installation media does not run with all of the features that the installed version will have like cpu governors and power management.

Also the screen brightness can be controlled by updating a control file and can be set to run at startup.

Code: Select all

echo "6" > /sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness
You shouldn't have a problem.

Good luck :wink:

Return to “Beginner Questions”