brightness / keyboard

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
wal2
Level 1
Level 1

brightness / keyboard

Post by wal2 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:27 pm

hello..

I'm a new user to linux mint

I'm running mint 16 Cinnamon 64-bit on dell inspairon 5521

Im in love with my laptop after changing to mint ever day i learn new things.

there is two problems that i tried to solve by searching the internet and watching tutorials but nothing worked for me.

1- brightness. i use my laptop at nigh and the screen is stuck on high brightness
i tried to adjust it from screen saver but it does not change.

2- i change between keyboard input languages and i want to make a shortcut so i can change between languages fast

tq

wal2
Level 1
Level 1

Re: brightness / keyboard

Post by wal2 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:54 am

please help

thanosfrag
Level 3
Level 3

Re: brightness / keyboard

Post by thanosfrag » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:12 am

Hi wal2,

Welcome to the Linux Mint community!

Here are my suggestions.

Brightness: Type ''system settings'' on menu search bar. Under ''preferences'' category chose the first option ''applets''. Then select ''brightness'' applet and click ''add to the panel'' button. (if the brightness applet is not installed, you can install it from ''get more online'' tab). You can now adjust brightness from the panel, search for a little sun icon somewhere on the right bottom of your panel.

Language: On ''system settings'' again, search for the ''Regional Settings'' section under ''Preferences'' category. Double click on it, and find tab ''Keyboard layouts'', then click ''options...'', and find ''keys to change layout'' option. Then choose what suits you best.

Good luck!

Thanosfrag

Return to “Newbie Questions”