[SOLVED] Unable to install Linux

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Flingel
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Unable to install Linux

Post by Flingel »

Ah that's it . thanks Jeremy!

And thanks to everyone who's helped me in this thread. I now have a working linux system inc thunderbird and wireless connection on a pretty old dell inspiron 2200. Even though it only has 500Mb memory, I'm very happy with the response time so far on everything I've tried. Admittedly I haven't asked it to do anything heavy but for what I wanted - a non windows system that can do basic tasks - it's like it's breathed a new lease of life into it!

Thanks for your patience with I'm sure what look like very dumb questions from me, it's good to find a community that's so helpful and I look forward to learning more about linux.

Flingel
Timberbeast
Level 3
Level 3

Re: [SOLVED] Unable to install Linux

Post by Timberbeast »

Hi Flingel,
Good grief, bit of a shock, I just tried connecting to the internet wirelessly and it worked! So I guess I must have loaded the b43 driver and not realised it in the confusion!

And the sun's just come out too :o)
That's how mine worked too, (about a year ago). It was a bit of a shock. :D

Keep plugging away. You'll get it. You are nearly there. It's well worth it :mrgreen:

larry
LM 17.1 Mate. There's no windows in this box. Not any more :D

Return to “Newbie Questions”