Random system beeps

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
GokyMint
Level 1
Level 1

Random system beeps

Post by GokyMint »

I have random pcspeaker beeps,don't know what triggers them and how to remove them.I've searched the forums,google etc but users that posted the problem have them when loging in loging out and doing something specific.The pcspkr is blacklisted by default (I've checked).It can beep at any given time and random (not when I'm doing something specific).While typing this it beeped 3 times.It can beep when system is idle,when I'm playing games,surfing,It never beeped when loging in or out or shuting down or restart.Can anyone help?Is there any log to see when and why the beep is triggered?
KirbySmith
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Random system beeps

Post by KirbySmith »

I had a HP PC at work that beeped randomly. I eventually discovered an intermittently opening USB connection.

kirby
Desktop 1: DFI Lanparty UT nF4 SLI-D/AMD Athlon 64 San Diego/BFG GeForce 7800 GT/Mint 18.3 MATE
Desktop 2: Gigabyte 770T-USB3/AMD Phenom II X4 965/EVGA GeForce 9800 GT/Mint 18.3 MATE
HTPC: Asus C6H/AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, Asus Geforce 1080 Ti/Mint 18.3 MATE

Return to “Newbie Questions”