linuxmint 17 foundation

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
zippytex
Level 2
Level 2

linuxmint 17 foundation

Post by zippytex »

Is it my imagination or did I read somewhere that the foundation of LM 17 would be different? Something about gnome??? My question is will my LM 16 be automatically updated to 17, or do I need to format and install LM 17? Forgive my ignorance, I should know more about this. Thanks, Mary
xenopeek
Level 24
Level 24

Re: linuxmint 17 foundation

Post by xenopeek »

Linux Mint 17 used Ubuntu 14.04 as a package base. It is still coming with choice between Cinnamon, KDE, MATE, and Xfce.

You'll have to install Linux Mint 17 afresh, there is no automatic upgrade (you can do it manually if you want, an in-place upgrade, but that is neither recommended nor supported by the team). Linux Mint 17 will be supported for 5 years. It is currently in testing and should be available as a release candidate soon.
zippytex
Level 2
Level 2

solved Re: linuxmint 17 foundation

Post by zippytex »

Thank you, that clears it up for me! :)

Return to “Newbie Questions”