Compiz Problem

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
xyzsor
Level 1
Level 1

Compiz Problem

Post by xyzsor » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:23 am

I dont know what my gnome mint uses as a windows decorator or if already use compiz when i start my computer. But the problem is that everytime i change the setting in "advance desktop effects" if doesnt work!.. The cube works, the zoom works and everything that were set by default.. I cant customize the effects.. But if i type "compiz" in the terminal window, everything works properly then.. Whats wrong with it?.. Isnt compiz starting up automatically?.. Do i have to type compiz in the terminal everytime i use my PC or is there something wrong with me default compiz during start up?.. thankz in advace mint guro's..

Lantesh
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Compiz Problem

Post by Lantesh » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:20 am

Go into the Compiz settings and find the Windows Decorator plugin. Change the command to "compiz --replace"

Return to “Newbie Questions”