wrong look after instaling mint 5r1

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
dmancev
Level 1
Level 1

wrong look after instaling mint 5r1

Post by dmancev » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:24 pm

Hi there, I just installed mint and I was dissapointed because on my screen didn't show up what I've seen on LiveCD first (nice and cool Mint).What I've here is more default Ubuntu look, but i don't want it.So please if someone could point me what am I doing wrong or how to fix it.I have not done update yet because its 127mb update. This screenshot is taken after installation is finished and after the restart.
Thanks
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (31.81 KiB) Viewed 322 times

msuggs
Level 5
Level 5

Re: wrong look after instaling mint 5r1

Post by msuggs » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:18 pm

This would be because you've retained your /home partition during install. You could try backing up your /home partition and doing a complete clean install or see if changing the theme gives you what you want. Go to the Appearance preferences and choose the Elyssa theme. You'd also need to remove the menu bar from the panel and add in the mintMenu.

For the full minty experience I'd suggest the backup and full clean install which includes reformatting your /home partition. Once done only copy back what you really need in the way of data and config files.

Return to “Newbie Questions”