Streaming audio on Firefox 30.0

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
siawacsh
Level 3
Level 3

Streaming audio on Firefox 30.0

Post by siawacsh »

I realize this issue is very likely a problem at the vendor's end but thought I would ask anyway. I am not able to get audio when streaming from this radio station. All other station work fine. But I find if I use chrome or opera everything is fine. So it has to be a compatibility issue between the station's player and Firefox.

http://www.newstalk.ie/player/

Any tips or insights would be appreciated.

Siawacsh

kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Streaming audio on Firefox 30.0

Post by kyphi »

Using Firefox 30 it works fine for me - tested 10.30 a.m. Friday, 18th July, 2014.

If other stations work fine for you then it may just be a temporary transmission fault from that station.

I use a program called RadioTray (it is in the Software Manager) which is configured to receive 8 streaming radio stations. Recommended.
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon - 64bit

caribriz
Level 5
Level 5

Post by caribriz »

It's working ok for me, too (Firefox 30.0, LM17 Cinnamon).
Desktop: C2D E6400 / Asus P5LD2SE / 2GB ram / Asus GeForce 210 / 320GB (WinXP) & 1TB (Mint - various)
Laptop: Asus A53E-SX1455V - i5 2450M / 4GB ram / Intel HD 3000 / 500GB (Win7/Mint 18.3 Cinnamon)

siawacsh
Level 3
Level 3

Post by siawacsh »

This one is a mystery. The symptomes have continued for well over three weeks now. The strange thing is that the radio station has a TV view option. Using that, I can view and hear streaming feeds. The only way to hear without having to use the TV option I am having to use Opera and or chrome stream from newstalk.ie

I am experimenting with Radio Tray. As of now the stations are not playing. This could be down to a learning curve or bugs. Will know in a few days.

Return to “Newbie Questions”