(SOLVED) Puzzled with paste

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
amasa
Level 1
Level 1

(SOLVED) Puzzled with paste

Post by amasa »

Is there a way for me to paste images into this text? Let me explain:

I use shutter to cut sections of the screen to an image file, and the clipboard, and it works well. One of the reasons for using it is to cut error messages from the screen to send to others when I am seeking advice. But I am having problems pasting such images into this forum. As an example let me pause for a moment and cut an image of the Smilies to the right of this textbox (that I am typing in). Right, done. if I now try to paste that image into this text I can't: the paste command is greyed-out. However, if I open Libre-OfficeWriter I can paste the image of the Smilies into a document there. Conversely, if I cut and paste some text from Libre I can copy that text into this document here.

Am I doing something wrong here? Or is it not possible to paste images into this text/text-box?
Last edited by amasa on Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Puzzled with paste

Post by Spearmint2 »

make it a file first, then use the attachment tab below the reply box, if you can see it in your browser.
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....

amasa
Level 1
Level 1

Post by amasa »

Hi Spearmint2

I had thought of doing that, but I want to be able to insert the image into the text flow, rather than have it as an attachment.

Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

You are talking about sending out a message with an image inserted into the email? Just right clk in the message and choose to paste or insert the image. If you don't get a box open, then after the image is in there, double clk on the image and a box will open that allows you to "constrain" the image to whatever size you want it to appear as in the message.
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....

Mute Ant
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Mute Ant »

''Or is it not possible to paste images into this text/text-box?'' <-----It is not possible, so 'paste' is greyed out.
While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named "manual".

amasa
Level 1
Level 1

Post by amasa »

Thanks Mute Ant
Thinking about it, I guess making this restriction keeps post sizes down.

KhalVal
Level 1
Level 1

Post by KhalVal »

I want to be able to insert the image into the text flow, rather than have it as an attachment.
Below the text box, there's an upload attachment tab. After the image is uploaded, you can click "place inline," wherever your cursor is in the text box, that's where the image will pop up.
inlineimage2.jpg
It automatically puts in the tag that will make the attached image pop up. It's still an attachment, but you can put it in the text flow using "place inline." I think there's a cap on attachment sizes, but I'm not sure how big it is. If you ever get to it, you can post your image on another site and link to it with the "Img" button at the top of the text box, you just add the image's URL between the img tags. Most forums I've been on make you add images by linking to another site in this way.

amasa
Level 1
Level 1

Post by amasa »

Thanks KhalVal

Testing, testing
Selection_018.png
Selection_018.png (12.75 KiB) Viewed 567 times
From the Preview that seems to work - it just shows a snip of the Smilies next to the text box.

Return to “Newbie Questions”