[SOLVED] Minimizing window makes it disappear in MATE 17

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jnandigam

[SOLVED] Minimizing window makes it disappear in MATE 17

Post by jnandigam »

Whenever I click on the the minimize ('-') icon on a window in MATE 17, it disappears. The window is not added to the bottom panel as it used to be. Now, I have to do ALT-TAB to get to the open windows. Noticed it after recent system update. Please help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
teilnehmer

AW: Minimizing window makes window disappear in MATE 17

Post by teilnehmer »

You probably lost the window list in the panel. Try adding it back by right-clicking the panel and choosing whatever it's called in MATE - possibly "add applet" or "add element" or some such.
Happens now and then for reasons I do not comprehend.
jnandigam

Re: Minimizing window makes window disappear in MATE 17

Post by jnandigam »

Thanks. When you say right-click the panel, do you mean the bottom panel? Sorry!
teilnehmer

AW: Minimizing window makes window disappear in MATE 17

Post by teilnehmer »

Yup, that's right. I don't use MATE, but there must be a way to add elements to the panel/ task bar... it could be in the settings, but I strongly suspect a right click should do the job.
If you can't find it, websearch for "linux mint mate add to panel" and you should find instructions that will be way more precise than my blind poking. :D
Mute Ant

Post by Mute Ant »

Right-Click the bottom panel and choose ''Add to Panel''
Near the bottom of the list is...
  • Window List
    Switch between open windows using buttons
...then grab the left edge and slide it where you want it.
jnandigam

Post by jnandigam »

Thank you all. I fixed it.
alekx80

Re: [SOLVED] Minimizing window makes it disappear in MATE 17

Post by alekx80 »

thankz,i d been having this problem too... :)

Return to “Beginner Questions”