Intel NUC will not resume fromn Suspend

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
pumpkinpie
Level 1
Level 1

Intel NUC will not resume fromn Suspend

Post by pumpkinpie » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:34 pm

Hi all - brand new to Linux (first day using it) and love what I see so far.

I have an intel NUC board (D33217GKE) which I previously ran OPENELC on but wanted more of a desktop solution. Main use is still as an HTPC but love what Linux Mint adds.

Anyway my problem is that it will not wake up from suspend. I have a logitech K400 wireless keyboard that i use and no matter what button i press it will not wake up. And the same goes for using the trackpad.

It will however wake up if i go over and press the power button on the NUC but I would really like to wake from the keyboard.

I know it is in sleep mode because there is a blue led light flashing indicating so and like i said, it does wake up when i press the power button.

I did try the latest windows technical preview on this machine as well with the same keyboard and the standby function worked and was able to be woken up so I know the hardware is capable.

I did see online about pressing CTRL-ALT-L so i tried that and it did go into some kind of standby mode but the screen was still on and the blue led light on the NUC was not flashing. I was able to log back on with the keyboard.

Any help for an absolute noob would be much appreciated !

pumpkinpie
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Intel NUC will not resume fromn Suspend

Post by pumpkinpie » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:12 pm

I found some old threads with similar problems so i went into terminal, entered some commands and this is my results :

dan@NUC ~ $ sudo blkid
[sudo] password for dan:
/dev/sda1: UUID="ba194073-1221-44f4-8329-13a3f75b918f" TYPE="ext4"
/dev/sda5: UUID="ba6038ad-6d03-402a-bdaa-b9bd08dbe557" TYPE="swap"
dan@NUC ~ $ cat /etc/default/grub |grep GRUB_CMDLINE
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""
dan@NUC ~ $ cat /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume
RESUME=UUID=ba6038ad-6d03-402a-bdaa-b9bd08dbe557
dan@NUC ~ $ cat /etc/fstab |grep swap
# swap was on /dev/sda5 during installation
UUID=ba6038ad-6d03-402a-bdaa-b9bd08dbe557 none swap sw 0 0
dan@NUC ~ $

It looks like something needs to change so was wondering if someone could tell me exactly what to do ?

It would be greatly appreciated !!

pumpkinpie
Level 1
Level 1

Post by pumpkinpie » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:23 pm

So no ideas on this one ?

Cardenio
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Cardenio » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:44 pm

Not exactly the answer to your question, but I run Mint on a Wilson Canyon 4010u NUC which has a known return from suspend issue. Before it happened to me if I remember right it used to resume by hitting the space bar. On my model of NUC they will occasionally get stuck flashing and only resume from the IR remote, which I don't have. I had to reset the CMOS battery to get it to boot. I have it set so that it can't suspend or hibernate as a workaround.

JayBird707
Level 3
Level 3

Post by JayBird707 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:40 am

Don't know if your still having the problem but I just set up a NUC7CJYH and it came with Ver 31 BIOS. I had the same Return from Suspend issue until I upgraded to the latest BIOS which for my unit is Ver. 44.

I still have one more hurdle to get over the Unlock screen dialog box is not being displaye after Resume. Instead the desktop graphic is shown and I just have to type the password in blindly and I'm back in business.
Dell Studio 1737 Laptop: HP6300 SFF Desktop: HP8000 USFF Desktop: Intel NUC NUC7CJYH Mini All on Linux Mint!

Return to “Newbie Questions”