Synaptic fails to start solved

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Phin

Synaptic fails to start solved

Post by Phin »

Today I tried to run Synaptic to install Google earth. But Synaptic failed to start. I received a massage that says

"Could not grab your mouse. A malicious client may be eavesdropping on your session or you may have just clicked a menu or some application just decided to get focus. Try again. "

After several failed attempts Synaptic started. I installed Google Earth and then closed Synaptic. I tried to start Synaptic again and received the same message as before. I'm not sure if its my imagination or not but my system seems to be running slower the usual.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Synaptic fails to start

Post by Husse »

This is a well known error that I thought had "died out"
Solution here
http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... e.#p105386
Phin

Re: Synaptic fails to start

Post by Phin »

Thanks so much, problem solved. BTW I must say that Mint is by far my favorite distro.

Return to “Beginner Questions”