[SOLVED] System freezing after hibernation

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Pjotr
Level 20
Level 20

Re: [SOLVED] System freezing after hibernation

Post by Pjotr » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:59 am

If you wish to revert to the recommended kernel, I advise to simply disable hibernation, as it's too often a pain in the neck (which is why it's disabled by default in Ubuntu):
https://sites.google.com/site/easylinux ... d-to-disk-
(item 2.5, right column)

And please consider supporting this improvement idea of mine:
http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/view/5482

You can help making Linux Mint even better than it is now! :)
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 19 Tara
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.

krow7
Level 3
Level 3

Post by krow7 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:37 am

Pjotr wrote:If you wish to revert to the recommended kernel, I advise to simply disable hibernation, as it's too often a pain in the neck.
Pjort, thanks for the tip.
I think many many people do need hibernation. I for one. And finding this solution was very important for me and I wish i would have found it sooner! (it took me 6 months, lots of distro-hopping, and many Mint reinstalls...). So no, I have no intention to roll back the kernel...
I like your idea, but then, I think there should be a gui option to enable hibernation. So that new users who need it (specially new to linux), will be able to enable it easily. :)

georanma
Level 1
Level 1

Post by georanma » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:33 pm

Been having this issue with 18.2 on my X1 Carbon. The did an update to the kernal with the info from the post below, and it seems to be working now.

Return to “Newbie Questions”