when would the 17.1 kde releases

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
rajumukherjee
Level 3
Level 3

when would the 17.1 kde releases

Post by rajumukherjee »

I find myself better with kde so its only mate and Cinnamon where is the kde version and when would it come out. How long would the 17.2 version take after kde I mean 6month or more. Is there any way upgrade Distro without fresh installation. 1.3 gigabytes per six. Month man....
Last edited by rajumukherjee on Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

simonbrown
Level 2
Level 2

Re: when would the 17.1 kde releases

Post by simonbrown »

The development team stagger the releases of their desktop versions. I am sure that Clem will let us know when it is available, closer to its release.

karlchen
Level 20
Level 20

Post by karlchen »

Hello, rajumukherjee.

Every new Mint release process follows the same schedule roughly:
Mint Mate and Mint Cinnamon will be released first. Then it may take up to 4 weeks for the team to finish the new xfce and KDE releases. Mint 17.1 will follow the same schedule. So stay tuned and watch out for Clement's announcements on the Mint Blog site e.g.

Cheers,
Karl
Linux Mint 19.2 64-bit Cinnamon, Total Commander 9.22a 64-bit
Haß gleicht einer Krankheit, dem Miserere, wo man vorne herausgibt, was eigentlich hinten wegsollte. (Goethe)

rajumukherjee
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rajumukherjee »

karlchen wrote:Hello, rajumukherjee.

Every new Mint release process follows the same schedule roughly:
Mint Mate and Mint Cinnamon will be released first. Then it may take up to 4 weeks for the team to finish the new xfce and KDE releases. Mint 17.1 will follow the same schedule. So stay tuned and watch out for Clement's announcements on the Mint Blog site e.g.

Cheers,
Karl
And how long would it be anyway

Mark Phelps
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mark Phelps »

And how long would it be anyway
You got your answer:
it may take up to 4 weeks for the team to finish the new xfce and KDE releases

mach50
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mach50 »

rajumukherjee wrote:I find myself better with kde so its only mate and Cinnamon where is the kde version and when would it come out
if you install cinnamon 17.1 , and you go after installation to your software search , you can install ,mate , ubuntu ,kde or xfce all on the same machine.

and if you go to the website noodslab ,you can even install more desktops on cinnamon like budgie desktop.
best distro ever deepin 15.4.1

rajumukherjee
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rajumukherjee »

mach50 wrote:
rajumukherjee wrote:I find myself better with kde so its only mate and Cinnamon where is the kde version and when would it come out
if you install cinnamon 17.1 , and you go after installation to your software search , you can install ,mate , ubuntu ,kde or xfce all on the same machine.

and if you go to the website noodslab ,you can even install more desktops on cinnamon like budgie desktop.
Yes you are right never used Ubuntu 9n mint though but I am looking forward to Debian stable release to switch to

EmpireITtech
Level 4
Level 4

Post by EmpireITtech »

Remember you can always use the rolling release LMDE if that suits your needs better >> http://www.linuxmint.com/download_lmde.php
Linux: Mint 19 Tara Cinnamon 64-Bit

Box 1: Intel Core 2 Quad | 8gb RAM | 500gb WD 7200rpm | nVidia Geforce GTS250
Box 2: Intel Core i3-3240 | 4gb RAM | 1tb WD 7200rpm | AMD/ATI Radeon HD 4550

Pants: 32x30

Buzzsaw
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Buzzsaw »

EmpireITtech wrote:Remember you can always use the rolling release LMDE if that suits your needs better >> http://www.linuxmint.com/download_lmde.php
It's not rolling release anymore.

EmpireITtech
Level 4
Level 4

Post by EmpireITtech »

Buzzsaw wrote:It's not rolling release anymore.
Well that is just weird lol...still, if you like the straight debian then LMDE might be good for you haha :lol:
Linux: Mint 19 Tara Cinnamon 64-Bit

Box 1: Intel Core 2 Quad | 8gb RAM | 500gb WD 7200rpm | nVidia Geforce GTS250
Box 2: Intel Core i3-3240 | 4gb RAM | 1tb WD 7200rpm | AMD/ATI Radeon HD 4550

Pants: 32x30

Return to “Newbie Questions”