Resolutions issues

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
mbauerle
Level 1
Level 1

Resolutions issues

Post by mbauerle »

I just installed and updated 17.1 Rebecca to my desktop. The resolution is so high that I can barely read anything. I am using a 42 inch vizio HDTV as my monitor and it is connected with an HDMI cable. I have looked through all the settings but can not find any way to lower the resolution. Any help would be apprieciated.
WharfRat
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Resolutions issues

Post by WharfRat »

mbauerle wrote:I just installed and updated 17.1 Rebecca to my desktop. The resolution is so high that I can barely read anything. I am using a 42 inch vizio HDTV as my monitor and it is connected with an HDMI cable. I have looked through all the settings but can not find any way to lower the resolution. Any help would be apprieciated.
Did you check Settings/Hardware/Display :?:

If you can't change it there then you will have to use xrandr https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/xrandr

Good luck :wink:
ImageImage
mbauerle
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Resolutions issues

Post by mbauerle »

Thank you once I installed arandr I was able to change it. 17.1 would not let me change anythning in the settings.

Return to “Newbie Questions”