Right click file: Move to: expanded menue ???

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
kd7ura
Level 1
Level 1

Right click file: Move to: expanded menue ???

Post by kd7ura » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:19 pm

Hello ive just installed Mint Mate 17.1.
just noticed the right click file and move to: copy to:
menu is a whole lot shorter, in cinnimon i had a list of external drives and the Browse file option to move the files.
i copy alot of files to my usb to get printed and liked the easy access,, how is the menue options changed to include the external drives and browes options?
i think if your file is on the desktop and the only options of where you can move a file are desktop and home folder why even have a move to function?

all41
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Right click file: Move to: expanded menue ???

Post by all41 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:10 pm

KD7URA de K0ZZY
Yep--advantage Nemo on this.
Proud to be a supporter and monthly contributor to Mint.

kd7ura
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Right click file: Move to: expanded menue ???

Post by kd7ura » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:13 pm

can the menue options be changed to include the external drives and browes options?
Nemo? seems a hassle with mate on the desktop issue, I couldnt find any other simple way to mod the menu, would be a nice fix for next issue of mate
sad my system works fine, have dual boot cinni 17 and mate 17.1 i like the look of mate, gues ill just install cin over mate and move on.

Return to “Newbie Questions”