SD card not found

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
jackofalltrades
Level 1
Level 1

SD card not found

Post by jackofalltrades » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:52 pm

Linux mint 17 installled on my Gateway laptop. Photos on my micro SD card. used SD card adaptor and slipped SD card into slot. NOW where do I look to find the SD card to download the photos to a folder I created.
Second question. used a usb cable to connect phone to laptop. laptop recognized my phone and opened up the photos on the SD card but there were no thumbnails to preview the pictures,just a generic icon with a GIF message. How do I see thumbnails?

DataMan
Level 6
Level 6

Re: SD card not found

Post by DataMan » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:43 am

Linux mint 17 installled on my Gateway laptop. Photos on my micro SD card. used SD card adaptor and slipped SD card into slot. NOW where do I look to find the SD card to download the photos to a folder I created.
I would recommend starting in /media/<your user id>/

It used to be mounted directly into /media. Guess the simplicity proved to be too much :shock:

-DataMan
Linux'd since 2005 Linux ID 422356 Ubuntu ID 15015

Mute Ant
Level 13
Level 13

Re: SD card not found

Post by Mute Ant » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:52 am

1) Laptop SD card reader :? depends how the motherboard designer made it addressable...ata...pci...usb...dma. I would try a USB card adaptor, or reading the card while it's in a USB device, like in a camera. Removable devices normally show up in your File Manager ''Computer'' section. If they have a recognised format, you just click and they open. For cameras and photograph files, the Shotwell application knows about importing from devices.

2) My desktop settings default to...
  • Preview:Local Files Only
...I think you need...
  • Preview:Always.
In Chapter One, Boron slays the entire Marketing Department by explaining Asynchronous Protocols.

Return to “Newbie Questions”