can i use linuxmint pendrive to work with heavy grapics app

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
valasudurai

can i use linuxmint pendrive to work with heavy grapics app

Post by valasudurai »

can i use linuxmint pendrive to work with heavy grapics app like blender it that any problem please help me
and one more thing i have blender deb file and its associated packages can i install it through offline please help me i got the broken package when i tried so i need to install and its depencies offline from what i have in the package list when i downloaded i copied the deb file from the var/apt/cache

Here is the image :
https://public.bl3302.livefilestore.com ... PNG?psid=1

can i use linuxmint 64bit for better perfomance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: can i use linuxmint pendrive to work with heavy grapics

Post by Pierre »

why do you need to work from a pendrive, at all?.
- it will work much better, if installed to an actual HDD.
- you will need to, at least initially, install it on-line, to catch any needed dependencies.
once that is done, then you can catch those dependencies, for any other off-line installation.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
usbtux

Post by usbtux »

You may be able to install a deb on a live usb with persistence - although not all programs install correctly using this method - you will however still have to be connected to the internet to meet any dependencies when you install the deb.
OR
Full Install to the usb - again you will however still have to be connected to the internet to meet any dependencies when you install.

You may be better off looking for another distro or spin with blender already installed if you have no internet connection or only limited connection.
valasudurai

Post by valasudurai »

Thanks for your help i don't have a good computer thats why i borrved the lap from other and using to learn the blender
valasudurai

Post by valasudurai »

it hangs more time and also i want to install linuxmint in high speed usb drive 16gp please help me
i have a plan to buy new high speed usb drive 16gp
valasudurai

Post by valasudurai »

thanks for your help
valasudurai

Post by valasudurai »

Hello gmilo2

[*]Re: can i use linuxmint pendrive to work with heavy grapics
Postby gmilo2 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:18 pm
Yes, if you *have to* run from a usb drive, you are just going to have to test it out, so if that is the case just do it. The version in the repositories is v2.6.9 and the latest stable is 2.7.3 so you could download their tarball and run the executable. There is one dependency (glibc 2.11). Especially if you are just trying things out.

the executable file not was work it just say nothing
valasudurai

Post by valasudurai »

i know to install blender offline i find simple way just download the blender using linuxmint this file was archived in /var/cache/apt/archives something like and copy this to pendrive you must be in root mode it you backup those files this helps you to install later when you got the issue when using pendrive just setup the linuxmint again and put the backup files to the same location /var/cache/apt/archives and type the following command apt-get install blender this will automatically install form the cache files so you don't need to install again and again from the internet i got the experience from earlier Thank You

Also i find the another way to install blender just go the directory and open with root and enter password it opens the terminal in root mode after that enter the following command sudo dpkg -i *.deb this will install the app

Return to “Beginner Questions”