Upload image to mint from mobile phone--how?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
redstriker

Upload image to mint from mobile phone--how?

Post by redstriker »

I have plugged the phone in to the pc via usb cable, nothing shows up, do i need to add software from package manager or from my mobile (LG) website ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gibbs1984
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Upload image to mint from mobile phone--how?

Post by gibbs1984 »

Is it an Android phone?

Mine shows up in Devices in Nemo.

As a workaround for the moment you could use the app AirDroid from the Play Store, works great as no cables needed.
Linux Mint 20.3 (Cinnamon) 64bit.
redstriker

Post by redstriker »

Thanks for the reply.

No its just a mobile phone not smart phone, andriod etc.
Just wondering why it does not show up, if i plug in a usb hard drive it shows, same with usb flash drive.
MALsPa
Level 8
Level 8

Post by MALsPa »

Most of the time, I simply send an image to my Gmail account in a text message, then download the image to the computer. Or if I want to transfer a bunch of images (or other files), I'll take the microSD card out of my phone and plug it into the computer (but not all phones have a microSD card). I've settled upon these methods because I use several different distros and it isn't always so easy to access my phone's files from the computer via USB cable.
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Flemur »

FWIW, I have an older Samsung non-Android phone that doesn't show up when connected w/USB, though the phone says it's connected, and cameras, Android phones, and so far all other USB gizmos show up and work. IIRC, I got a couple of images off it by sending them (message attachment) to an Android phone (tho its camera is so crummy that it's not much of an issue). I haven't tried to access it thru 'wine' or virtualbox.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
kukamuumuka

Post by kukamuumuka »

Flemur wrote:FWIW, I have an older Samsung non-Android phone that doesn't show up when connected w/USB, though the phone says it's connected, and cameras, Android phones, and so far all other USB gizmos show up and work. IIRC, I got a couple of images off it by sending them (message attachment) to an Android phone (tho its camera is so crummy that it's not much of an issue). I haven't tried to access it thru 'wine' or virtualbox.
How to mount Android via file manager

Return to “Beginner Questions”