screenlets????

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
HMFIC
Level 1
Level 1

screenlets????

Post by HMFIC » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:44 pm

I found my screenlets and started a gmail screenlet. The problem I am having is that I need to enter my password into the properties area. Is there some way that I can write some sort of script so that I don't have to enter the password everytime? If so I am not very versed on scripting yet I am still reading about it at linuxcommand.org so I would need a little bit of coaching with it. If anyone can help me with this please let me know.

Thanks
Josh

rolento
Level 1
Level 1

Re: screenlets????

Post by rolento » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:38 am

If you are using this one or a version of it http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/ ... tent=65455
open the .py file of the screenlet in a text editor and search for : pas = '' and change it to pas = 'whatever your password is'
I have done similar edits with other programs source codes and it usually works, so give it a try. Worst that could happen is you have to restore the screenlet back to what it was.

Return to “Newbie Questions”