[Solved] displayconfig-gtk is GONE =|

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kane_of_nod

[Solved] displayconfig-gtk is GONE =|

Post by kane_of_nod »

Hello, I need some help here, I must configure my display because Linux Mint 6 does not recognize it. And when I start games like ET, AA, or other fullscreen applications, these programs are allowed to choose a screen resolution by their own ''will''. And some times my display is not able to work.

In older distributions (Like Ubuntu 7.04, Linux Mint 5, etc..) I was able to access my little friend "displayconfig-gtk". But in Linux Mint 6 that is impossible.

How can I solve my problem ?

Is there anyway to install 'displayconfig-gtk' ?? Is there any other command?
:)
Kane
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Udi
Level 1
Level 1

Re: displayconfig-gtk is GONE =|

Post by Udi »

I found displayconfig-gtk on several resources so you can download it. Download the deb package and install it.

However, it shouldn't be necessary to resort to such a tool. What exactly is wrong with your display? Have you tried setting the resolution from the mint Control Center?
kane_of_nod

Post by kane_of_nod »

can you be more specific ? please .. )

I am experiencing problems initiating some games. The resolution used by some games are not compatible with my display.

I really need that tool.

otherwise.. I can not play =/
Udi
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Udi »

Download the following 2 packages:
http://mirror.isoc.org.il/pub/ubuntu/po ... 6_i386.deb
http://mirror.isoc.org.il/pub/ubuntu/po ... 10_all.deb

Now, open a terminal window, browse to the directory where you saved the files to (typically 'Desktop'), and install with the following commands:
sudo dpkg -i guidance-backends_0.8.0svn20080103-0ubuntu16_i386.deb
sudo dpkg -i displayconfig-gtk_0.3.10_all.deb

Now run displayconfig-gtk :)
Bye,
Udi.
kane_of_nod

Post by kane_of_nod »

tank you very very much Sir :D

This works great now

=D thank you :D

Return to “Beginner Questions”