Unable to find registration key (Solved)

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Octavian
Level 1
Level 1

Unable to find registration key (Solved)

Post by Octavian » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:00 am

So I am trying to figure out how to create an account on the Linux mint community. Unfortunately I can't find IRC chat that it is talking about. Its not on my Linux mint qiana. I remember seeing the IRC chat in Linux mint Rebecca when I had that version but its missing in qiana. So needless to say I am at a loss.

Forgive me but this statement just seems to not make any sense when there is not an application called IRC Chat and the way it is worded is really confusing;
To get a registration code connect to the chatroom (From within Linux Mint, launch Menu->Welcome Screen and click on Chat Room), introduce yourself and ask for a registration code.
I would really appreciate it if any of you know a work around. They have no email on their website or I would have sent them a message about my problem.
Last edited by Octavian on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Real men wear pink but a true man will be who he is even when the world thinks differently.
Due to my Job I am only able to get on Thursday through Saturday. On occasion I will be on other days.

jimallyn
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Unable to find registration key

Post by jimallyn » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:47 am

I don't know which desktop version you are using, but if it's Cinnamon, click Menu, Preferences, Welcome Screen, Chat Room.

“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Pierre
Level 17
Level 17

Post by Pierre » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:24 am

If it's Mate then it's also : click- Menu, Preferences, Welcome Screen, Chat Room.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Octavian
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Octavian » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:53 am

There is no "Preferences" listed on my start menu

The start menu is in the images that are attached
Attachments
noprefferences.png
No preference tab
topmenu.png
Real men wear pink but a true man will be who he is even when the world thinks differently.
Due to my Job I am only able to get on Thursday through Saturday. On occasion I will be on other days.

Cosmo.
Level 23
Level 23

Post by Cosmo. » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:16 am

"Settings" is the way to go. You could also enter "Welcome" in the search box at the bottom of the menu, this will filter the entry for you.

Octavian
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Octavian » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:27 pm

Sorry work got crazy last two weeks.
I just fallowed through all your suggestions and found a way to the chat room.
Thanks guys; your all awesome

Return to “Newbie Questions”