Scrabble

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
bachcole
Level 3
Level 3

Scrabble

Post by bachcole »

I have been going here: https://www.lexulous.com/live/playboard ... iate&set=1 for many month enjoying games of scrabble. Now, all of a sudden, I get a blank screen. And I am pretty sure that this is a problem with Linux Mint. Can you'all help me?
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Scrabble

Post by Fred Barclay »

Hmm.... I see a scrabble board.
What browser are you using? Have you added any addons recently?
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein
Cosmo.
Level 23
Level 23

Post by Cosmo. »

Although you did not tell us something about your system I am pretty sure, that this is not a problem of Mint, but probably of your browser.

To get information about your system open a terminal and enter:

Code: Select all

inxi -S
Paste the output here.

Assuming that you use the by default installed Firefox do this for testing:
Close FF.
Open your file-manager and make hidden files visible.
Rename the folder .mozilla to .mozilla.bck
Start FF, this will create automatically a new FF-profile.
Check.

To get back to your old profile:
Close FF.
Delete the new folder .mozilla
Rename the folder .mozila.bck back to .mozilla
Start FF. Done.
bachcole
Level 3
Level 3

Post by bachcole »

System: Host: bachcole-H81M-S2H Kernel: 3.13.0-37-generic x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: N/A Distro: Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca

How do I rename a file, and how do I find it?
Cosmo.
Level 23
Level 23

Post by Cosmo. »

Open your file manager. If you do not know how: There is a icon on your desktop saying "Home".

To make hidden files and folders visible press in the file manager: ctrl-h

To rename as I described: Mark the folder (in this case .mozilla, note the leading dot in the name), press F2, press the end-key, now you can add the addition to the file name (.bck, again a leading dot at first), than press the Enter-key.

Note; This assumes, that you use Firefox as your browser. You did not confirm my assumption.
bachcole
Level 3
Level 3

Post by bachcole »

Is File Management the same as File Manager. I go to File Management, press control-h, and nothing happens. Did something happen and I didn't know about it?

Where do I find .mozilla?

This problem is getting worse. There are important sites I want to get to and I just get a blank screen.

I am using Firefox.
Reorx
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Reorx »

bachcole wrote:I have been going here: https://www.lexulous.com/live/playboard ... iate&set=1 for many month enjoying games of scrabble. Now, all of a sudden, I get a blank screen. And I am pretty sure that this is a problem with Linux Mint. Can you'all help me?
Have you installed any browser add-ons (like NoScript)?
Full time Linux Mint user since 2011 - Currently running mostly LM19C and a little LM20C.

Image Image Image
Cosmo.
Level 23
Level 23

Post by Cosmo. »

If you double click the home icon on your desktop (as I advised) you open your file manager (or maybe file management in your language). And if you do nothing except pressing ctrl-h, than you should see, that additional files and folders get shown or hidden; if not, you do something wrong. If the hidden files and folders are shown, you will see, that their filenames start with a dot; one of them is .mozilla
Shryp
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Shryp »

Works for me with Mint 17.2 Cinnamon and Google Chrome.
Reorx
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Reorx »

Works for me once I allow stuff in NoScript... (using FF 41.0 on LM17C64)
Full time Linux Mint user since 2011 - Currently running mostly LM19C and a little LM20C.

Image Image Image

Return to “Newbie Questions”