Mint 64 RC1 Questions

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Arron

Mint 64 RC1 Questions

Post by Arron »

Im happy to see Mint 6 x64 RC1 out! I'm just curious if sites like youtube and other media works well on it?

As well, is no open office planned (oo core not included) or will it be?

And I think there should be a Mint 64 forum with the other Mint releases forums imho.

Rock on Mint!

Arron
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
hippy
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Mint 64 RC1 Questions

Post by hippy »

Arron wrote:Im happy to see Mint 6 x64 RC1 out! I'm just curious if sites like youtube and other media works well on it?

Arron
Only been running it for a couple of hours but i have been on Youtube and videos are playing fine as well as the BBC site watching the News videos there with no problems.
hippy

"To touch the earth is to have harmony with nature." Oglala Sioux
cyberglyph

Post by cyberglyph »

Since I am new to Mint, do I dare install 64 version. Since I already installed the 32 do I have to erase the drive and start all over?
AK Dave

Post by AK Dave »

If you're happy with what you have, what motivation do you have to change? What performance benefit do you expect to experience? Typical consumer-grade hardware is served best with 32bit.
cyberglyph

Post by cyberglyph »

Cool. I just thought you might gain a significant performance boost from 32 to 64 bit. Thats all just a general question. Thanks for the word.
locutus
Level 4
Level 4

Post by locutus »

I agree M-64 should have its own forum.

Anyway, why does 64-bit use openjdk? I was having problems with it so I looked for sun-jdk and was surprised so see that it was there. So I installed it and it's working fine. Should it *not* be working fine?

Otherwise its working flawlessly.

Return to “Beginner Questions”