[SOLVED] Changing system name

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Fred60
Level 2
Level 2

[SOLVED] Changing system name

Post by Fred60 »

I moved my hard drive from a dell e6400 to a dell M6400. As expected when I look at the system monitor the System tag shows the old system's name. I have looked at all the applications and can't seem to find a way change the name to the current systems name. I'm sure I just missed it, but can someone point my nose at the correct application to make the change?

If that ain't a newbie question, I don't know what is :)
Last edited by Fred60 on Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I know you think you know what I said, but what you need to know is, I didn't say what I meant"
Reorx
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Changing system name

Post by Reorx »

This should work.
Full time Linux Mint user since 2011 - Currently running mostly LM19C and a little LM20C.

Image Image Image
Fred60
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Changing system name

Post by Fred60 »

Thanks, I don't know why I didn't look at the tutorials :oops:

:lol:
"I know you think you know what I said, but what you need to know is, I didn't say what I meant"
Reorx
Level 12
Level 12

Re: SOLVED Changing system name

Post by Reorx »

No prob. Enjoy the Mint! :mrgreen:
Full time Linux Mint user since 2011 - Currently running mostly LM19C and a little LM20C.

Image Image Image

Return to “Newbie Questions”