Screen lock button doesn't work!

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
theonlyrealperson
Level 1
Level 1

Screen lock button doesn't work!

Post by theonlyrealperson »

I'm running Bianca 2.2, on an IBM laptop T42p with ATI graphics. I don't have fglrx or anything installed (fglrx doesn't work with my Mobility 7500). I have Beryl, Gnome, and KDE installed.

I had to reinstall last night, because I screwed something up. I have my home directory on a separate partition, so I didn't have to fix much.

My problem is, the "lock screen" button in the Gnome Mint menu doesn't work anymore! I don't even know where to begin to fix it. I really need it too - because I sometimes have to leave my laptop around "friends" - and you know that's just asking for trouble. It doesn't work with either the Beryl window manager nor the Metacity window manager in use.

Where can I begin to fix it?
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

could this be a beryl-mintmenu related problem??
not that i use beryl but I've seen lots of post about beryl and mint.

well it is a starting point.
:D
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
theonlyrealperson
Level 1
Level 1

Post by theonlyrealperson »

False alarm guys - it decided to work all of a sudden. I've moved places two times, which means two reboots - and now all of a sudden it works. I even tested it by starting beryl, and then stopping beryl.

I don't know what happened, but now it works anyway!!!

Thank you so much guys!

Return to “Newbie Questions”