[SOLVED] NETFLIX

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Fred60
Level 2
Level 2

[SOLVED] NETFLIX

Post by Fred60 »

I have been trying to find out how to run NETFLIX on LINUX. I've searched on the subject, but am pretty overwhelmed by the discussion.

So, I just want to ask one simple question, can I get NETFLIX running on any of the available LINUX browsers?

If YES, please point my nose to a reasonable set of instructions that a simpleton can follow :)

If NO, is anyone in the LINUX community working on this?

It's a BIGGY for some people, me for one. I convinced my wife to trash Windows and now I'm on the hook!!

Thanks,
Last edited by Fred60 on Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I know you think you know what I said, but what you need to know is, I didn't say what I meant"
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: NETFLIX

Post by xenopeek »

Yes, just install Google Chrome (go to the Google Chrome website, download the .deb file for your architecture, and double-click the downloaded file in your file manager after downloading to load the installer--it will add a repository to your system so Update Manager will handle updates for it). Nothing else needed.
WharfRat
Level 21
Level 21

Post by WharfRat »

Fred60 wrote:I convinced my wife to trash Windows and now I'm on the hook!!
:lol:

And now you owe xenopeek big-time :wink:
ImageImage
afineman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by afineman »

Fred60

I prefer to run Netflix (and Amazon Prime) via FireFox.

it is a few more steps, but it does work (in time), so If Chrome doesn't work for you, post and I'll give you what works for me.

AFM
Superannuated
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Superannuated »

afineman wrote:I prefer to run Netflix (and Amazon Prime) via FireFox.

it is a few more steps, but it does work (in time), so If Chrome doesn't work for you, post and I'll give you what works for me.
I, for one, would like to know how to do that.
Pierre
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Pierre »

the main issue with using Firefox was the silverlight plug-in
- it's finally been replaced with HTML5 - which should have been done ages ago.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
Fred60
Level 2
Level 2

Re: [SOLVED] NETFLIX

Post by Fred60 »

Thanks for the help! As it turns out, I had the wrong Chrome installed on her laptop. I had Chromium instead of Google Chrome. :oops: All is well and I am exonerated :lol:
"I know you think you know what I said, but what you need to know is, I didn't say what I meant"

Return to “Newbie Questions”