Access the web interface of your router

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
gibbs1984
Level 5
Level 5

Access the web interface of your router

Post by gibbs1984 »

Excuse my ignorance but how do you access the web interface of your router?

I've searched Google but there's nothing I can find that tells you what it is, I have low ID on aMule and a lot of the fixes include accessing the web interface of my router but I don't even know how too :D

The router is downstairs on my Dad's computer, is it still possible to access it from my computer?
Linux Mint 19.0 (Cinnamon) 64bit.
marvinudy
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Access the web interface of your router

Post by marvinudy »

Gibbs1984,

I run a Belkin 'G' router and the access address from the web browser is 192.168.2.1. If your dad set up the router he most likely set an 'administrator' password in which case you will be 'shut out' from changing settings. Messing with settings without understanding what the impacts are can pose a security risk.

best regards,

marvinudy
Fred
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Access the web interface of your router

Post by Fred »

gibbs1984,

I know this is off topic but have you considered using something besides amule? I suspect you may be downloading music/movies, ie. copyrighted material. You know that copyright violations can have consequences for you and your father in most countries don't you?

I say this because I just had to deal with this situation a couple months ago. My youngest daughter was coming over to my house and using my internet connection. I paid it no attention. As it turned out she was downloading stuff she shouldn't have been and was caught.

To make a long story short, I am the one that got the threatening letter and had to deal with it.

When I asked her about it she indicated that she thought that since I knew a little bit about computers that I had protected my connection from scrutiny of things like that. Of course I had not taken any steps to anatomize my connection. I had no need to.

I don't know how old you are, what country you live in, or if I have guessed wrong about your seemingly strong need to get amule operating on strange ports. I would remind you however that if I am right in my assumptions, you are putting your family at risk, not just yourself.

Rant over. :-)

Fred
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and each time expecting a different result.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on the menu. Liberty is an armed lamb protesting the electoral outcome. A Republic negates the need for an armed protest.

Return to “Newbie Questions”