Solved - Moving an application title

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
LamphunLumyai
Level 3
Level 3

Solved - Moving an application title

Post by LamphunLumyai » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:11 am

System: Kernel: 3.13.0-37-generic i686 (32 bit)
Desktop: Gnome Distro: Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca

I installed an application in Mint and the app placed a launch link in Menu All Applications - Accessories. I'd like to move that to All Applications - Other.
Last edited by LamphunLumyai on Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mr.October
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Moving an application title

Post by Mr.October » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:16 am

You did not write which DE you use: Cinnamon, Mate, XFCE or KDE.
I use KDE and then it quite simple, maybe it's the same for the others as well but I don't know that:
right-click on the button in the bottom-left corner of the screen, the one which opens the starting menu.
chose "edit applications" or similar text if you use another DE than KDE
In the new window you can edit as much as you want, it's a matter of cut, copy and paste.

LamphunLumyai
Level 3
Level 3

Post by LamphunLumyai » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:35 am

Mr.October wrote:You did not write which DE you use: Cinnamon, Mate, XFCE or KDE.
I use KDE and then it quite simple, maybe it's the same for the others as well but I don't know that:
right-click on the button in the bottom-left corner of the screen, the one which opens the starting menu.
chose "edit applications" or similar text if you use another DE than KDE
In the new window you can edit as much as you want, it's a matter of cut, copy and paste.
See initial post. Thx.

Cosmo.
Level 23
Level 23

Post by Cosmo. » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:36 am

The OP uses Cinnamon. I described the problem with the inxi report here (same OP).

Right click the menu and select to configure. You see in the dialog a button at the bottom to open the menu editor. Copy / paste the entry to the place, where you want it to have.

LamphunLumyai
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Moving an application title <Solved>

Post by LamphunLumyai » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:02 am

Cosmo. wrote:The OP uses Cinnamon. I described the problem with the inxi report here (same OP).

Right click the menu and select to configure. You see in the dialog a button at the bottom to open the menu editor. Copy / paste the entry to the place, where you want it to have.
Thanks much!

Return to “Newbie Questions”