[SOLVED] New Cinnamom on Mint 18: how to install/activate?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vik19

[SOLVED] New Cinnamom on Mint 18: how to install/activate?

Post by vik19 »

Hi all,
maybe someone can help me. I just upgraded my system from linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamom to Mint 18 Cinnamom on my 10 years old Packard Bell laptop (64 bit, AMD).
Upgrade was reasonably successful, xboard being the only program that is not working any more. Everything else is ok, up and running.

I went to Themes in order to test the new Cinnamom but I didn't find any Y option: on X ones. How can I move to the new Cinnamom version?

Thank you all for your help
Cheers
Vittorio
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cecar

Re: New Cinnamom on Mint 18: how to install/activate?

Post by cecar »

Code: Select all

apt install mint-y-theme mint-y-icons
Then it will show up
vik19

Re: New Cinnamom on Mint 18: how to install/activate?

Post by vik19 »

Thanks a lot!

Return to “Beginner Questions”