Corsair Gaming Mouse/Keyboard settings/drivers

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Weeping Cookie
Level 2
Level 2

Corsair Gaming Mouse/Keyboard settings/drivers

Post by Weeping Cookie »

So I have gaming peripherals. My mouse has multi dpi modes and different settings I can use. Is there a way to access that on linux mint, so I can create custom profiles?

Also my keyboard has a button which turns on back light LEDs. When I press this button for some reason the calculator app keeps getting launched. How do i fix this?

Mark Phelps
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Corsair Gaming Mouse/Keyboard settings/drivers

Post by Mark Phelps »

Sorry, but I also have a Corsair gaming keyboard and unfortunately, there are no Linux drivers that support the extra features..

I've searched for them and have not found them.

Weeping Cookie
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Weeping Cookie »

Mark Phelps wrote:Sorry, but I also have a Corsair gaming keyboard and unfortunately, there are no Linux drivers that support the extra features..

I see, nothing for the corsair mouse either?

How about for the LED light problem. When I press the LED button on keyboard the calculator pops up in addition to the lights turning on. Anyway to solve that?

Mark Phelps
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mark Phelps »

Weeping Cookie wrote:
Mark Phelps wrote:Sorry, but I also have a Corsair gaming keyboard and unfortunately, there are no Linux drivers that support the extra features..

I see, nothing for the corsair mouse either?

How about for the LED light problem. When I press the LED button on keyboard the calculator pops up in addition to the lights turning on. Anyway to solve that?
Sorry, don't have a Corsair mouse ... but I suspect it's the same issue as with their keyboards in that the extra functions are supported via software available only in MS Windows.

prestonR
Level 5
Level 5

Post by prestonR »

Weeping Cookie
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Weeping Cookie »

Thanks, I'll check it out.

eatenimpinia
Level 3
Level 3

Post by eatenimpinia »

Have you tried out that driver? Did it help?
Distro: (back to) Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa, Kernel: 4.4.0-51-generic x86_64 (64 bit), Desktop: Cinnamon 2.8.8

Mark Phelps
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mark Phelps »

eatenimpinia wrote:Have you tried out that driver? Did it help?
Can't try it as it supports a very limited set of keyboards and mice -- none of which I have.

Suggest you read the page to see if it applies to what you have.

eatenimpinia
Level 3
Level 3

Post by eatenimpinia »

Currently, I just have a standard keyboard. I was thinking about trying a K65 RGB RAPIDFIRE Compact Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, but was worried about how it would work under Linux (as well as how it would be for plain old typing, but that's another story).
Distro: (back to) Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa, Kernel: 4.4.0-51-generic x86_64 (64 bit), Desktop: Cinnamon 2.8.8

Return to “Newbie Questions”