Trouble with instalation

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
FourFrame

Trouble with instalation

Post by FourFrame »

I am on Mac Os X and have tried to install this but I get this error "dd: unknown operand if-linuxmint.dmg" I am using a tutorial by maxmcarthy and I get this error at 8:19.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
FreedomTruth
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Trouble with instalation

Post by FreedomTruth »

I don't know what tutorial you're using exactly, but the dd operand should probably be if=linuxmint.dmg (not if-linuxmint.dmg)
FourFrame

Post by FourFrame »

IF you look up "How to get linux mint max os x" then the tutorial i use is the 1st 2nd or 3rd result on YOutube, by user max mcarthy
millpond
Level 3
Level 3

Post by millpond »

The dd command MUST have if= and of= operands.

Return to “Beginner Questions”