How do I download Photos or Videos from my Android Phone to My Computer Linux Mint 18 SOLVED

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mintjulip
Level 3
Level 3

How do I download Photos or Videos from my Android Phone to My Computer Linux Mint 18 SOLVED

Post by mintjulip »

How do I download Photos or Videos from my Android Mobile Phone to my Computer which is running Linux 18 by USB

When I connect my Android Phone to my Computer with a USB lead, it Mounts and when I click on the Mounted Icon lots of Folders appear and some of those have got sub folders but I have no idea where to look for my Photos

Please could somebody show me what to do.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: How do I download Photos or Videos from my Android Phone to My Computer Linux Mint 18

Post by deepakdeshp »

Hello,
The photis should have .jpg extension. Search for .jpg files to get the location and display as icon option to find the location.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
DeMus

Re: How do I download Photos or Videos from my Android Phone to My Computer Linux Mint 18

Post by DeMus »

mintjulip wrote:How do I download Photos or Videos from my Android Mobile Phone to my Computer which is running Linux 18 by USB

When I connect my Android Phone to my Computer with a USB lead, it Mounts and when I click on the Mounted Icon lots of Folders appear and some of those have got sub folders but I have no idea where to look for my Photos

Please could somebody show me what to do.
Look for folders with names like DCIM (photos) and Movies (movies obviously).
They can be both on your internal memory as well as your SD card.
Success.
Tech Freak

Post by Tech Freak »

mintjulip wrote: I have no idea where to look for my Photos
I have a OnePlus One and when i download photo's from my mobile phone i connect the USB cable to the phone and my laptop and all i need to do then is switch to file transfer mode on my phone. After this i can access my mobile phone like it is a USB storage device.

Maybe you need to change some settings on your mobile phone first too.

The folder you need to look into for your photo's is in the DCIM folder on your mobile phone. I have some other (sub)folders in the DCIM (main)folder, namely:
* 100ANDRO (=empty)
* Camera (folder contains all photo's i make)
* imo (=folder for downloading media from the video chat app Imo)
* .thumbnails (folder contains small thumbnails images of all the larger photos)

I need to copy (or cut) and paste the photo's i made from the Camera folder to my laptop.
mintjulip
Level 3
Level 3

Post by mintjulip »

I can find my Photos on my Phone under DCIM and I can mount the Phones Logo on the Desk Top of Linux Mint 18 but when I click on the Mounted Logo, it just says empty no files are showing up.

Any ideas?
bartszu
Level 4
Level 4

Post by bartszu »

Way I do it:

1. On PC - Linux Mint Caja - ssh conection
2. On Mobile - Sshdroid App
mintjulip
Level 3
Level 3

Post by mintjulip »

Problem Solved Guys!

I needed to find the Notification Bar and then Click on USB for File Transfer or Charging which I have just found out on my Phone is a Double Sweep Down from Top to Bottom and Not a Single one, so that's why I couldn't find it.

But as soon as I did so, I could drag and drop the Files to my Computer to back them up.

Return to “Beginner Questions”