Upgrade Adobe Flash

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Bayle
Level 1
Level 1

Upgrade Adobe Flash

Post by Bayle »

I am new to Linux 17.3 32 bit installation
Several of my website say I need to upgrade my flash software.

At adobe.com I am presented with a drop down menu asking to select a format:

APT for Debian/Upuntu
yum for linux
.tar.gz for linux
.rpm for linux

Which one to I select??

After download is complete which software do I use to install the upgrade
karlchen
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Upgrade Adobe Flash

Post by karlchen »

Hello, Bayle.

Please, forget about the Windows way of downloading and installing / updating software. This applies to Flash Player as well.
So whatever you dowloaded from the Adobe webpage, discard it.
The preferred way of getting and installing software on Linux Mint is via Linux Mint Software Manager.
Flash is already present on your Linux Mint by default. Else you would not be told to upgrade it.
The preferred way of getting software updates and installing them is via Linux Mint Update Manager. This applies to Flash Player as well.
Cf. e.g. here: Re: Updating Adobe Flash Player for Firefox
It may also be worth the time to read the Official Linux Mint User Guide on "Updating your system and your applications", p.43 - p.49

HTH,
Karl
Linux Mint 19.3 64-bit Cinnamon, Total Commander 9.51 64-bit
Haß gleicht einer Krankheit, dem Miserere, wo man vorne herausgibt, was eigentlich hinten wegsollte. (Goethe)

Return to “Newbie Questions”