Program/Command to perform a multiple domain search by MX Record IP Address

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
countryboy456

Program/Command to perform a multiple domain search by MX Record IP Address

Post by countryboy456 »

Hello,

This is going to sound a bit unusual, but this is actually for my employer and our Engineering Team isn't wanting to be much help.

I know there are websites that will proivide a list of websites based on the IP Address, by doing a Reverse A Record Search. (You plug in the IP Address, and it shows a list of domains on that record).

I need to see if there is something that will do that with MX Records. I have the IP/Name of the server, but it is hosting multiple domains and our infrastructure isn't really orginize to where I can just look at the accounts.

I need take the IP/Name of the server, and see the domain names that is associated to the server on the MX Record Level.

Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”