Pomodoro installs but nowhere to be found.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
geertlpa

Pomodoro installs but nowhere to be found.

Post by geertlpa »

For a project we are working on I need Pomodoro software. I am running Linux Mint Mate 18.1. In both the package and software manager I find and can easily install Gnome-pomodoro. Yet after the install I can not find the software anywhere so I have no idea how to start it up. Can anyone help me out here?
- Why does it not appear in the menu?
- why not as an icon on my taskbar?
- why is not not in the start up apps list?

I have tried the instructions on how to install it for Ubuntu 16.04 or 16.10 but the result is that the indicated repositories seem no longer available. So I am stuck.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Pomodoro installs but nowhere to be found.

Post by austin.texas »

Right-click on your Panel > Add applets > Available Applets Online > Pomodoro > Add to Panel
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
geertlpa

Post by geertlpa »

austin.texas wrote:Right-click on your Panel > Add applets > Available Applets Online > Pomodoro > Add to Panel
Thank you for that. I thought I had seen something similar before but however much I right click on my panel or make a new panel. The pomodoro app does not appear in the list of things I can add to the panel.

I reinstalled it theough the software and the package manager. Both indicate that Pomodoro is installed yet it does not appear in the popup list when I right click on the panel.

Any further suggestions?
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

At first: What is your version of Mint and what is the desktop environment? If you don't know open a terminal and enter:

Code: Select all

inxi -Sz
Paste the output here.

What austin.texas wrote works (at least) for Cinnamon. Either you use another desktop (in this case I cannot help) or you missed the advice to go in the applet settings to the 2nd tab (available in the web). Note also, that this applet works independent from pomodore package in the repositories and that this applet cannot be used in vertical panels.

Return to “Beginner Questions”