Read this and be amazed!

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ScottishGirl

Read this and be amazed!

Post by ScottishGirl »

Click the following links and see just how slow my wired* internet connection is. You will be amazed at speeds of 200+kbps downloads. :roll:

* I cannot get the wireless radio button to activate so I am sitting here not more than 10 inches from the Linksys G router with the Ethernet cable attached to both computer and router. Also I have a wireless adapter plugged in an yet I am getting such pathetically slow speeds. Before I had to share my internet connection I was getting speeds of 4-6 mbps.

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ScottishGirl

Re: Read this and be amazed!

Post by ScottishGirl »

On Monday I downloaded a 500mb download and it took four hours and this was with a torrent(Deluge). I was getting speeds that fluctuated wildly, speeds as low as less than 1 kbps to around 140. The average was around 25-40 kbps.
ScottishGirl

Post by ScottishGirl »

Here is more information from another Broadband speed test.

Download speed : 1.48Mbps
Upload speed : 0.16Mbps

Postcode Results

Your local exchange is [Deleted] and the maximum theoretical speed achievable on your line via ADSL Max is 5.37Mb which is 265 percent faster than this test shows you are getting.
Acid_1
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Acid_1 »

I don't understand. What are you asking?

Return to “Beginner Questions”