SOLVED manager too big for screen

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
johanna
Level 2
Level 2

SOLVED manager too big for screen

Post by johanna »

]I have just installed mint 18 on my little e-machine netbook and wanted to do the first update to get it going. However, when I bring up the updater manager -it asks to make a choice-, but it is too big for the screen and I cannot access the 'apply' icon. I tried moving it up, but it won't go.
I tried updating on the terminal with sudo apt-get update and then sudo apt-get upgrade. But nothing is installed. Could some one please help me?
with kind regards, Johanna
Screenshot at 2017-08-05 12-34-28.png
Last edited by johanna on Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

richyrich
Level 19
Level 19

Re: update manager too big for screen

Post by richyrich »

Hold down the Alt key and use your mouse to click-drag from anywhere inside the window. :-)

johanna
Level 2
Level 2

Post by johanna »

Thank you, but it does not work..... :(
It won't move any further and the edge of the top of the screen and the apply button is hidden at the bottom.....

richyrich
Level 19
Level 19

Post by richyrich »

Are there any different (higher resolution) settings available in the Display program ?

johanna
Level 2
Level 2

Post by johanna »

I tried changing the resolutions, but they won't work as they are only lower ones

chasb441
Level 1
Level 1

Re: SOLVED manager too big for screen

Post by chasb441 »

Hover mouse in one of the upper corners until it changes to a re-size arrow, drag corner in to make window smaller then
Drag window up...apply button then shows...had the same on a notebook Samsung 220+.....worked for me

Return to “Newbie Questions”