Location of minimized sheet? - Solved

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Gladeous
Level 2
Level 2

Location of minimized sheet? - Solved

Post by Gladeous »

I minimize a spread sheet or the thunderbird email and can't restore the window as I use to with Ubuntu. I have to restart the spread sheet or thunderbird. Surely there must be a way to resize without restarting.

Suggestions?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TI58C
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Location of minimized sheet?

Post by TI58C »

Hi gladeous,

You give us minimal inormation. What version of Mint, Cinnamon, Mate, XFCE ? Please be a little more specific.
It is certainly not standard behaviour. I use 17.3 Mate and when I minimize a window, it shows up in my taskbar at the bottom of the screen. Clicking that brings the window back up.

Maybe you messed with your panels ?
As a test, you can try switching back to minimized programs by using alt+tab. This does not solve your panel-problem, but will show if progs are still active.

Robert
Linux is like my late labrador lady-dog: loyal and loving if you treat her lady-like, disbehaving princess if you don't.
Gladeous
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Gladeous »

I have Mint 17.3 Rosa MATE. I just uploaded it yesterday.
Gladeous
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Gladeous »

TI58C wrote:Hi gladeous,
I use 17.3 Mate and when I minimize a window, it shows up in my taskbar at the bottom of the screen. Clicking that brings the window back up.
Oh, yes now I see the minimized pages show as bars. It is different from what I was use to with Ubuntu.

Thanks
TI58C
Level 4
Level 4

Post by TI58C »

Hi Gladeous,

Would you add [SOLVED] if OK ?

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=239162

Kind regards,
Robert
Linux is like my late labrador lady-dog: loyal and loving if you treat her lady-like, disbehaving princess if you don't.
Gladeous
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Gladeous »

TI58C wrote:Hi Gladeous,

Would you add [SOLVED] if OK ?

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=239162

Kind regards,
Robert
Ok I got it.

Return to “Beginner Questions”