Updates I cannot get?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
g0lrk
Level 3
Level 3

Updates I cannot get?

Post by g0lrk »

Running Daryna here and quite happy overall with it and see no need to change on this computer, I have 2 computers both running a flavour of Mint, 1 in the outer building and 1 in the house.
Right, noticed recently that for some reason this one is saying there are 7 updates available. When I click and input my log-in number it goes to the update bit but there is nothing there!
I can leave it as long as and still no go. Can any help please withwhat i have done to this machine?
Everything else is 100% just that is stuffed.
Thanks in anticipation.
Kevin.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: Updates I cannot get?

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Darnya either has or is about to come to end-of-life and will no longer be supported. This may be why you are not seeing any new updates.
g0lrk
Level 3
Level 3

Post by g0lrk »

That's a bit of a bugger though isn't it really having a life-span on it where the darned thing will not work correctly after a certain date/time - surely that is not correct?
I'm now piddling about with a spare drive trying to get the latest version up & running how i want it on this computer, then have to change all the programs etc over.
Thanks for the answer Aging Technogeek anyway and cheers!
Kevin.
tinca
Level 5
Level 5

Post by tinca »

g0lrk

if everything is running OK for you, and it is doing all that you want it to, then there seems to be no reason for you to upgrade to a newer version.

Best regards Keith
Aging Technogeek

Post by Aging Technogeek »

g0lrk;

End of life just means Darnya will no longer be supported in mintInstall and mintUpdate. Synaptic should still function for you so you can update that way. As long as you are happy with Darnya, there is no reason to change anything.

Return to “Beginner Questions”