Firejailing Claws-Mail

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NessM

Re: Firejailing Claws-Mail

Post by NessM »

MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

It sounds to me like your autostart command is set to claws-mail and not firejail claws-mail (I don't use claws-mail so I don't know the proper syntax, but just adding firejail to the front of the command should work.)

In XFCE this is edited in Menu > Settings > Session and Startup > Application Autostart tab
NessM

Post by NessM »

Charlie wrote:
Looks complex, I may have to try that if all else fails. There is already a claws-mail profile though. I may try editing that.

Cheers
The link I gave you is for a custom profile, but I'm sure you'll find there the easy way to make a non custom one.

Charlie, if I were you I'd focus on just getting rid of the old profile. When other apps are starting normally, and claws is the only one missbehaving, you should definitely check the profile. Just erase the old one, try creating a new one, to check if it was the old profile causing the trouble.
NessM

Post by NessM »

There must be others experiencing the same issue then? If it is so, and the developers have acknowledge this problem, they might be working on it already. You can always try asking them. Or google, if all else fails.
Good luck.
greerd
Level 6
Level 6

Post by greerd »

Charlie wrote: I tried altering that to

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/firejail claws-mail
which did not autostart.
Hey Charlie, you might want to try

Code: Select all