Taskbar wrong M7-RC1

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
locutus
Level 4
Level 4

Taskbar wrong M7-RC1

Post by locutus »

I deleted the bottom taskbar and created a new one at the top of the screen. Almost worked: the is a large space taken up by, what? It's blank. I don't see anything I can move to make it smaller, and right-clicking on the space does not give anything I can remove. Here is a screenshot, with a (poorly) circled area I'm talking about:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/12/4/ ... sktop1.png

How can I make this space usable again?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Resistance [to Linux] is futile.
emorrp1

Re: Taskbar wrong M7-RC1

Post by emorrp1 »

no worries, it's simply space you can add an applet to, just like any other panel. The reason is that when you added the Window List to the panel, it doesn't auto-fill all the space. See the little separator just to the left (at the far right of the empty space), you should be able to drag it to the left to fill the space. Also, seeing as it seems you wanted an exact copy of the lower panel, you could have just moved it to the top using the preferences.
locutus
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Taskbar wrong M7-RC1

Post by locutus »

emorrp1 wrote:Also, seeing as it seems you wanted an exact copy of the lower panel, you could have just moved it to the top using the preferences.
Um, that's right, isn't it? I've been using M6-KDE for the last several weeks and you can't do that in KDE4. I'd forgotten already that Gnome allows that. Thank you :)
Resistance [to Linux] is futile.

Return to “Beginner Questions”