How does one add keyboard languages and switch between them in Linux Mint 16?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gitamarsha

How does one add keyboard languages and switch between them in Linux Mint 16?

Post by gitamarsha »

I've added languages in Language Support but I do not see the language icon in the panel tray, nor can I switch between languages.
cecilieaux
Level 5
Level 5

Re: How does one add keyboard languages and switch between them in Linux Mint 16?

Post by cecilieaux »

I'm using Linux Mint 18 and haven't used 16 for a while, but I would look for Preferences > Keyboard > Layouts and choose to add the keyboard set you want.
Cecilieaux
--
Every time I think I'm past newbiedom something like this happens.
Running Linux Mint 21 Vera with Cinnamon.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: How does one add keyboard languages and switch between them in Linux Mint 16?

Post by Moem »

This is not what you're asking but it needs to be said anyway: Mint 16 is out of support, you should consider switching to a supported version (17 or 18).

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Natakranta

Post by Natakranta »

cecilieaux wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:59 am I'm using Linux Mint 18 and haven't used 16 for a while, but I would look for Preferences > Keyboard > Layouts and choose to add the keyboard set you want.
Thanks a mill!

Return to “Beginner Questions”