Trouble dual booting WIndows 10 with Linux Mint 18.2

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
rx2wave
Level 1
Level 1

Trouble dual booting WIndows 10 with Linux Mint 18.2

Postby rx2wave » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:39 pm

I'm trying to dual boot Windows 10 and Linux Mint 18.2 on the same HDD each in it's own partition. I have disabled fast boot and the PC has no secure boot options that I'm aware of in the bios as it's older 1747 Dell laptop. The error I'm receiving is in the first picture https://imgur.com/a/hsc8b. I have tried searching but I can't find a solution. Any ideas? Please keep in mind I'm a Newbie and not familiar with the command line. I'm also installing from flash

Although I could be wrong, I did get it to install once before on my last HDD using this PC by adjusting a parameter in the second settings under comparability mode. I'm not sure so take this info with a grain of salt.

Any other details that may be need please ask.

Thanks every one

Pierre
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Trouble dual booting WIndows 10 with Linux Mint 18.2

Postby Pierre » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:11 pm

initially, at least, have a Read of This Tutorial:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=163126
it's written for win-8x, but does apply to win-10 as well.

from Terminal, type this command:

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz

and copy the results, back here, in your reply.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

rx2wave
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Trouble dual booting WIndows 10 with Linux Mint 18.2

Postby rx2wave » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:07 am

Pierre wrote:initially, at least, have a Read of This Tutorial:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=163126
it's written for win-8x, but does apply to win-10 as well.

from Terminal, type this command:

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz

and copy the results, back here, in your reply.

Thank you so much for replying! Yes I read about a lot of them. I'll re-read them again but I also searched Stack Exchange, Reddit, and this community mostly. Then outside sites like Linux.com, etc. I'm kind of new and don't know the command line structure hence why I want to install Linux really, to learn. Sorry I didn't supply this information. I wasn't sure what to give. I'll post back soon.

Return to “Newbie Questions”