Saved searches

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rfpereira

Saved searches

Post by rfpereira »

I'm using two laptops with Mint installed. One with the cinnamon version and the other with the Mate version.

Is it possible to have file searches saved for quick access? For example, to save a search of document files edited today?

In cinnamon, the only variable I was able to select for the search was file type. Even then, I tried to save a search with documents ordered by modification date, but when I access the file it just keeps opening the folder where the search file is stored and not the search results.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”