Black Screen with cursor in after Login LinuxMint

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Rishabh Dhiman
Level 1
Level 1

Black Screen with cursor in after Login LinuxMint

Post by Rishabh Dhiman » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:30 am

My linux mint just freezed yesterday i long press the power button and Shut Down my system after that when i started my system after signing in a black screen with a cursor appeared and there is nothing after that happening.I have seen some solutions i installed gnome-shell , i tryed boot repair from mint live disc , go into terminal from ctrl+alt+f1 typed there and typed startx it says timeout in locking authority file and after a long time it opens up and says there is a problem loading cinnamon some applets have problem and after sine time it went back to terminal but i can access back to my cinnamon screen Please help me.
Thanks in advance

WharfRat
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Black Screen with cursor in after Login LinuxMint

Post by WharfRat » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:05 pm

Hello Rishabh Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)

Ffrom the messages you're getting it appears that something happened with your home folder.

Did you change any permissions or anything regarding your home :?:
ImageImage

Return to “Newbie Questions”