[SOLVED] Firefox closes instead of minimizing

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mintymcmintface

[SOLVED] Firefox closes instead of minimizing

Post by mintymcmintface »

I have a frustrating problem that I hope there is an easy solution for. When I try to minimize firefox to work on something else on my desktop it closes instead of appearing in the tool bar (tray? , I don't know the correct term for it) at the bottom of my monitor.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Firefox closes instead of minimizing

Post by Moem »

mintymcmintface wrote: the tool bar (tray? , I don't know the correct term for it)
Panel.

May I ask: what is your version of Mint, and your desktop environment? Cinnamon, Mate and so on. This is a question about interface and that is highly dependent on desktop environment.

If I have to make a blind guess: you're probably running Cinnamon and somehow uninstalled the 'window list' applet from the panel. But blind guesses can be wrong.

A good way to provide helpers with a whole lot of potentially useful information at once would be to paste the following command into a terminal, and then copypaste the output into your next post, ideally enclosed in code tags:

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
mintymcmintface

Last edited by mintymcmintface on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mattyboy

Post by Mattyboy »

To follow up what Moem said..

Right click on your Panel ( tool bar/task bar )
Click add Applets to the panel
Scroll down to Windows List and make sure there is a tick, if not highlight the Windows List and click add.
mintymcmintface

Mattyboy wrote:To follow up what Moem said..

Right click on your Panel ( tool bar/task bar )
Click add Applets to the panel
Scroll down to Windows List and make sure there is a tick, if not highlight the Windows List and click add.
Awesome, thanks !!!

Return to “Beginner Questions”